Scaling textures at runtime

Hi, I am making an android game. I have all texture of resolution 1024 in my game. For supporting most android devices in terms of memory I think is there any way to scale the texture at runtime. For example when running on lower end device I need texture of resolution 512kb downscale automatically. How to upscale or downscale textures at runtime. I hope asked the question correctly. Please inform me if i am wrong. Thanks :). Sorry for bad English.

I believe there is a console command that you can use the Execute Console Command node with. However, that one could get “ugly” because everything will probably take a few seconds to fix itself once you call it.

Thanks for your response. It’s ok if you know tell the command I will give it a try. If it’s not suitable for my game atleast I have learnt something new. Thanks.

Here is a list of most of the scalability console commands.

I believe the one you would use is r.ScreenPercentage. It says to put a value of 10 to 100 after it to scale, but I’m not sure what that would equal in exact resolution measurements.

Hello, Detach789 thanks for your response. I found that I need dynamic resolution.link text

Screen percentage also helps me. I learnt that screen percentage tells the GPU number pixels need to rendered. Value of 100 is 100% screen pixels are used to render and value of 10 is 10% of the screen pixels needs to be rendered. This increases the framerate a lot. Thanks detach789.