Scaling a blueprint composed of staticmeshes doesnt use the reference frame of the blueprint

PROBLEM: When I create a basic blueprint from a bunch of staticmeshes and try to scale it, I notice that the editor doesn’t scale the blueprint in the new frame of reference of the blueprint, but rather in the individual frames of reference of the staticmeshes that make up the blueprint. This results in an undesirable and somewhat unexpected behaviour when scaling the blueprint. It causes components that were connected to become separated and non-uniform scaling, as each staticmesh component is scaled in its own frame of reference, instead of the frame of reference of the blueprint as a whole.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR: When I scale a blueprint, the editor preserves its relative dimensions as a whole.

REPRODUCTION PATH: Create any new blueprint class that has some staticmeshes in them which are rotated with respect to each other. For example, create a simple ‘T’ out of a cylinder and a wedge (using a wedge exaggerates the effect, because its origin point is also not in the same place as that of the cylinder). Now add the blueprint to your level and scale it to e.g. 2 in any or all directions. You will see that the ‘T’ has been broken, and is not simply a scaled or stretched version of the original T, as I would expect.