saving project path not found

i have a prjoect I am trying to save copies of , sort of backups to the project as I go along, I want to save the project “Save AS” after I do an alighnment, then save as after i create my first model, then save as after texturing, etc. 

once i try to do that, I get the saving project path not found error, and then i try to save the project to the original project and i get the same error again.  

What exactly am I doing wrong?  I’m just trying to create backups and every time i do this , it messes everything up. 

Hello,

which version of RC are you using? Are those files maybe stored on a cloud?

Could you please change one of the views to console and send me a screenshot of RC’s behavior when trying to save your project or creating an ortho projection?
Did you maybe alter your cache file in any way?

This can happen when you will lose access to the file path of you cache, dataset folder or project folder.
Usually, this happens when your hard drive is disconnected during a large dataset calculation (it does not matter if your hard drive was reconnected in the meantime)

Having the same issue, RC 1.2.2.116899 , project has been processing all night. Nothing has changed regarding cache etc.

Hi virtualsweden, where are your data saved?

Hi, I had the same problem. I keep data on the external hard drive as I have no space on my laptop. The project was working overnight and when I came back in the morning I couldn’t save the project. When I closed it it asked me if I wanted to save, chose yes but didn’t save so I’ve lost a day work! Not happy at all… Any solutions to the problem?

Hi @Ania_SEP,
the problem here could be the external hard drive, as there could be some kind of disconnection during processing the data.
Have you seen some another error there, or just this one?