Saving large Twinmotion file takes very long time with highend PC !!!

Why does it take so long to save a large Twinmotion file? My project is 12 GB and is not yet finished. I have a hard drive (M2 MP600 pro) and 128 GB Ram (cl 14) and a fast processor (12 core Ryzen 3900x) and RTX 3080 graphics card. Saving takes 28 minutes and loading the file takes 10 minutes.

Does anyone have a solution for this or is this a bug?

Saving takes a lot of time for me as well. I'm on a new M1 MacBook Pro, and with a file size of 3 gigs, I still have to wait like 5 minutes to save it. The MacBook Pro can handle the Ultra settings, so it is highend also. So this is not just an issue for you.

WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE IF YOU ARE ON A DEADLINE. YOU WILL MOST SURELY FAIL.

I have a AMD Ryzen 5, 6-core CPU overclocked to 4.2GHZ, 64 GB RAM and 2x RTX3080 GPU's. Saving takes 52minutes. Loading takes longer. Syncing takes about 45minutes. This makes Twinmotion useless as the time you save using real-time rendering does not make up for the time you lose to set it up and save the file (2.5hours + and then you still don't have materials applied, this must be done manually). We tested Twinmotion to see if it would be a viable option in a commercial environment, and it's not looking good.

As I was writing this, after waiting about 30 minutes to sync, Twinmotion also crashed, meaning all the time is now lost. We will definitely NOT be buying a commercial license, and we recommend you do not buy a license either until you have tested this software extensively.

Hello , ,

Thank you for posting in the community and sorry to hear about the troubles. We have had several reports of long times for opening/saving files and are actively working on addressing this problem. There seems to be an issue when the local libraries (Cloud, Quixel and user library) have a lot of assets as Twinmotion needs to read/reference those during the opening and saving process. Until we can fully address this problem I recommend trying to minimize the amount of assets in those folders to help avoid having longer waiting times then necessary.

If you are still having issues please contact us directly by following this link or using the [ contact us ] button from the home page so we can best investigate. https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/case-community-page

Kind regards,

Vincent B.

@Vincent.B (Epic Games) (Customer)​, (Customer)​ and (Customer)​ ,

I've been dealing with the same issue with the newer releases in 2023. I've been trying different ways to accelerate the saving process and so far the best has been pressing the minimize button. It has reduce the time from 10 min to between 3 and 5 min. I have no idea why but it seems to work on my end.

Hope it helps in someway.

Best,

BTW

Loading time is still quite painful

Hello ,

Thank you for the feedback on recommend you submit a bug report with the findings so we can further investigate.

https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/case-community-page

We are generally looking at improving loading and saving times but can vary depending on several factors at this time.

• Large Library assets currently increases Loading/saving times
  • Files that have many elements in the scene graph will take longer to save as well, check Statistics panel for information on number of object and texture size.

Kind regards,

Vincent B.