Saved umap, editor crashes and won't open umap. Can I get my work back?

Unreal Engine is 4.6.1, the current stable release.

I saved some work on a tutorial map - my last action before saving was transforming a group of meshes to be mirrored.

The editor crashed during the save, and now while the project loads, opening the umap now causes the editor to crash. Nothing particularly useful in the call stack:

MachineId:redacted
   EpicAccountId:redacted

We apologize for the inconvenience.
   Please send this crash report to help improve our software.

Here’s the actual .umap file. Can I get my work back? UE shouldn’t crash, it’s not an Autodesk product :wink:

Seems like a problem with one of the assets or your project → I can open it without any problems :slight_smile: → post the log file after the crash

Hi mikemaccana,

If you remove the .umap from the project can the project open without crashing? If so, can you open the .umap inside of another project as has done? If this works, try replacing the .umap into your original project and removing assets that you have added. Does the project still crash?

Hi mikemaccana,

We have not heard from you in quite some time. I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information. Thank you.