Save Map Error Related To Staticmesh BPs

I’ve seen people have this issue before, just want to report it to make sure its aware of I havnt seen an issue number attached the googling ive done.

Sometimes when I place a static mesh actor in my level (whether it be imported, or just a stock cube) and then turn it into a blueprint and then go intro the blueprint and just duplicate/copy-paste the static mesh many times to build a grid I find I cannot save my map. If I delete the static mesh duplicates from the BP but leave the original then it saves.

So I’m left to duplicate, translate, compile, save, save level. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat for every single one become randomly one will cause a save level or save all with Ctrl + S to give me this error

graph is linked to private objects in
an external package

With the option to retry or continue without saving. When I look into the message log, it tells me something like “Unknown ref” for what mesh is causing the error. I’ll provide a picture the next time I come across it but you should be able to replicate it like this, it just ahppened to me this morning doing this:

Start a new 3P template.

Place a cube into the level
Turn the cube into a blueprint
In the blueprint editor duplicate and copy paste the static mesh cube like 10-15-20-25 times (it seems copy-paste is worse) (I was translating to make a grid also, but I dont think this matters I’ve had this in the past trying to make non grid shaped blueprint static mesh setups also.
Compile, save, and then save all [Ctrl+S] should give you the error, if not, duplicate a child of the inherited static mesh a few more times till you do come across it. Ive had it happen with 7 sometimes and sometimes 30.

High-resoluton picture here http://i.imgur.com/jJ30Q1e.jpg

Hi Nsomnia,

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end. What version of the editor are you using? Additionally, does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content?

Hi Nsomnia,

We haven’t heard from you in several days. I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.