Save/Load Game "Health,Location,Rotation" Within a "Blueprint Widget" Pause Menu

I know this question is probably abused by now, but I’ve been searching everywhere for a while and just cant seem to find what i am truly looking for. i have found about two working methods within the months of searching, but they were made within the First/Third Player Character Blueprint that use’s Hotkeys to activate and can’t seem to replicate within my Blueprint Widgets without total failure.

To be blunt with my question, i really want to be able to save my Players Health “Integer”, Player Rotation, Controller Rotation, Player Velocity, and my Players Location within my Pause Menu’s, Save Game Screen (Its own Blueprint Widget) and be able to load the game to screen once clicked from my Load Game widget button, all that within a Blueprint Widgets, “OnClicked” Button or whatever option is truly best for it.

What i have going on in my project is, its a First-person Character Game “blueprint class”, i have multiple blueprint widgets, one for the pause menu, one for the load game screen and one for the save game screens. “not sure if that info is needed”.

So a perfect example of what i’m truly wanting is, Basically recreating the Save/Load System the game Dishonored used. can Continue/Load/Start New Game from the Title Menu and can Save/Load within the pause. “i can deal without the checkpoints system and objects location for now”.

So any Help/Tutorials on what i should be doing will be great. if i have to change how everything I’ve done is to get my desired Savable Game, then that’s definitely okay too, i just need this and can work around the rest.

Thank You for any help that is given!!

I am assuming you have no knowledge on SaveGame Object, so this is a really good tutorial on that topic.

It is easy to use, you can store data off any type inside your SaveGame Object.

When you use SaveGameToSlot your SaveGame Object’s data is stored inside your projects folder:

..\%Your Project Name%\Saved\SaveGames\%Your SaveGame Object Name%.sav

For Packaged Game it is stored in the same path inside your Game’s folder.

You can Call both SaveGameToSlot as well as LoadGameFromSlot anywhere. So you can Save and Load inside Widgets or OnBeginPlay in your Level Blueprints as well as on Init inside GameInstance.

This object is usefull for storing any data you need, not only game state data, but also for example Sound Settings, Key Bindings, etc. For this it is usefull to separate different data in different SaveGame Objects (You can have as many as you want).

Hope this helps!

In my game I have created two functions for saving and loading, and stored these functions within a class that is accessible everywhere. For example, the GameInstance.

This way, I can call these functions from anywhere without having to rewrite them.

Then in your blueprint widget for the main menu or pause menu, you can have a button which calls this function.

Exactly. I use it the same way.

thank you! i managed to get my desired save function from this. means a ton. and again, Thank You!! :smiley: