Samsung S21 Ultra Camera Bug

I used RealityScan last week on my Samsung 21 Ultra to create a 3D model. However today I opened it and as soon as I hit Start New Project the camera opened and froze and this message appeared: " Recovering your location in 3D space. Try moving back to where you started your scan." Strange considering I literally hadn’t moved an inch since hitting the button.

I can navigate around the app but the camera just stays frozen and no amount of waiting or moving seems to unfreeze it. I force stopped, cleared cache, cleared data, deleted my old projects, and even reinstalled the app all to no avail.

This literally worked last week any idea what happened? Thanks.

Hi @anthonyjude, thank you for reporting this.
Where have you downloaded the app on the Android Google Play store or Samsung Galaxy Store?
Please let me know what version of ARCore you have installed.
Thank you!

Hello, thanks for replying.

I downloaded it from the Android Google Play Store.

I am not sure what version of ARCore I have, how do I check that?

If it helps I’m running Android v14 and One UI v6.0

Seems it was ARCore related, it is working again at least for now anyway.

I got this process from Reddit. ARCore version update was required. Steps below:

1. First remove all AR updates go to Phone’s Settings → Apps ->Google Play Services for AR → More button at the top → Uninstall updates

2. Open Reality Capture ad it will prompt you to update Google Play Services for AR → Hit Update.

1 Like

UPDATE: Everything worked fine until I did one new scan.

1. I created a new project and compelted the scan. I did not send it for processing.

2. I closed the app and re-opened it and once I hit Start New Project it went right back to the same problem I had at the start of this post.

3. I repeat my solution above and it works again.

It seesm Reality Scan is somehow corrupting my ARCore after I do a single scan.

Hi @anthonyjude, thank you so much for such a detailed description!
We are looking into this issue. Once we know more, I will let you know.
Thank you for being patient with us.
Best!