Sampa - A futuristic version of Sao Paulo in Unreal 4

Hey guys!

I’m finally done with this UE4 environment. My idea with this scene was to create a futuristic fictional city slightly based on the city of Sao Paulo, Brazil. I used 3ds and Zbrush for modeling, and Quixel Suite and Photoshop for the textures. The main project took about 3 months to complete from the first blockout to the final video. I had a blast learning the new tools and working on this, UE4 is a dream coming true for environment artists :slight_smile:

I’m currently working on a break down of this scene which will be posted shortly. Thanks everyone who contributed with feedback and encouragement in the WIP section!

By the way, I’m thinking of releasing a “playable” build at some point with Occulus support if I can get my hands on a kit but no promises yet :slight_smile:

v=8tOhIed0pXo

This is really amazing!! :slight_smile:

Awesome! I also spotted the polycount avatar in there :D.

Very impressive, Minos! Gorgeous cityscape.

Very nice!

Wow, I am impressed, this is amazing!
It would be awesome if you decide to release a playable build!

Amazing work Minos! The detail in your level is outstanding. Please let us know if you add Oculus support to this level. I would love to give it a try!

That looks fantastic, great work!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, appreciate it :slight_smile:

Hey!

Great job.

I love the style, it makes it look both cool and believable.
Keep up the good work!

~ Jason

looks great!

Thanks guys!

Just a heads up that the making of article went live!

>> Making of article](://www.mapcore.org/page/features/_/articles/interview-with-thiago-minos-klafke-b-r42). <<

://static.mapcore.org/uploads/monthly_08_2014/ccs-13101-0-90279500-1409334481.jpg

://static.mapcore.org/uploads/monthly_08_2014/ccs-13101-0-30155800-1409334744.jpg

://static.mapcore.org/uploads/monthly_08_2014/ccs-1-0-22887900-1409330451.jpg

Hope you guys find it useful and let me know if you have any questions!

Really nice work there! Glad to see it in the “Released Projects” boards :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing the article.

Seems like a good read.

And congratulations on completing the scene!

~ Jason

show minos, cara tu mora aqui em SP?

Thanks for the sharing!Very nice work!!!:slight_smile:

Wow, cool site! I got some reading to do. Thanks for sharing!

Hey dude, I remember seeing this back in the WIP section. Did you end up using DFAO? I know you were contemplating it earlier.

fantastic, only joined up today … and the work is breathtaking.

I have the DK1 Oculus rift and would love to test out scenes like this!

Awesome, love the environment architecture and futuristic design! Especially with the lighting and surface color choices.