's stuff

where is the wind :cry: ?
absolutely great anyways

No… just no. Stop it, is to good.

really nice. How much time to render?

Congratulations

Holy… Can i see your material setup for ? also are you using ue4 built in color correction or 3rd party software?

*MohandUdk : where is the wind :cry: ?
Yeah I know, I’ve done scene quickly and the way I did it, it was not possible to add wind :(.
PeekRS : really nice. How much time to render?

No render time. There is no light baking (or lpv or dfao or …). It’s just a movable sun and skylight.

*Gandosh : Holy… Can i see your material setup for ? also are you using ue4 built in color correction or 3rd party software? *
I’ve used the “Two Sided Foliage” shader for the clovers and the “Subsurface” shader for the mushrooms.
For the color correction, it’s just some contrast in ue4 (and I use “r.TonemapperFilm 1”).

try anyway to bring some wind it will give a real natural sense to the scene and of course add more realism. do it for us for the humanity… oh for the community :smiley:

It’s a patch of trefoil (plant), too low to be affected by an average wind.

I made some change and now I have some wind on the clovers :).

Here’s a compiled version if you wanna test : https://www.dropbox/s/cwr18t1hr4smy0d/Clover.7z?dl=0

…your artistic eye is so next level! Thank you for sharing your work with the community. It’s extremely motivating to see and it really pushes me to reach my own next level.

oh i didn’t knew about that film tone. Thank you!

Thanks! that’s really nice to watch in VR too, has the other demo also have executable?

@

1080p/140 fps not bad :slight_smile:

how high tough is your compilation time investment do you see a increase already from your Demos to the Game ?

thanks

v=nnRmv6_M0c8

Hey ,

the HK Project looks freaking amazing! Wish you guys a lot of fun and good luck for project! :slight_smile:

Are you using the new stationary light soft shadows as well for ? What is your approach to the lightmaps, since I noticed that you have to crank up the resolution quite a lot when using these shadows^^

I also assume you are still baking with some custom lightmass.ini settings or are you going fully unmodded time? :smiley:

Cheers!

Clover Demo has a lot of Noise issues most probably from the GI in Realtime (Skylight) it’s not really acceptable from the result :frowning:

It’s really fast on GM204 but the IQ is not really where i would be personally happy with per frame for the Performance, in such a specific scene.
So many artifacts in the DOF as well :frowning:

Dont understand me wrong it’s amazing work composition and environment ect so your stuff execution Workflow is excellent i love it :slight_smile:

though i would certainly fear realistic lighting when it comes to character presentation and blending of them especially emotion wise and especially human organic (sss) like.

Just trying to imagine right now how a MGS like approach (Fox Engine) would look in lighting or Unity (Anvil Next) most probably both fall apart instantly against the lighting.

Really wonder which path you gonna go in Art Style with your characters in HK the Cat result in that light environment looked already blazing amazing especially the motion in that smal resolution clip blended in so weill :slight_smile:

Hi there,

First time posting to the Unreal forums. I am a recently new UE4 user as well.
I was inspired to post here because of your work. Really amazing and ! Great quality, composition, mood and atmosphere.

I have a question regarding your UE4 Project Settings for any Dynamic Lighting scene you’ve set up ( i.e. Clover scene, Day/Night cycle)

• As you are using Dynamic Lighting, are you disabling the “Allow Static Lighting” in your Project Settings and force a reboot of Unreal to re-complie the shaders?
  • have you noticed any lighting issues if you leave flag “on” versus leaving it “off” for your dynamic lighting scenes?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

Hey great work! Could u maybe give a sneek peak or in detail view of the snowmaterial u used in the gif a while ago, i’m rly strungeling to create something as good looking with the examples and tuts. avaible:/ also are the winter trees u used rly speedtrees? If yes are they part of a pack or done from scratch ,they look so insanly good

Hi and thank you all !
Pelouseman ***… has the other demo also have executable? *
*Sadly no, I have lost my hard drive with all my scenes :frowning:

Are you using the new stationary light soft shadows as well for ?
I also assume you are still baking with some custom lightmass.ini settings or are you going fully unmodded time?
*Yep, I’m gonna use the new stationary light soft shadows. The quality is enough when you use it with “dirty” textures.
With 4.11 I don’t think i need to use custom lightmass.ini. The base parameters is enough.

Cru_N_cher
Clover Demo has a lot of Noise issues most probably from the GI in Realtime (Skylight) it’s not really acceptable from the result

It’s not the GI because I don’t use it. The noise come from the circle DoF.

ktkt11
*As you are using Dynamic Lighting, are you disabling the “Allow Static Lighting” in your Project Settings and force a reboot of Unreal to re-complie the shaders?
Yep
have you noticed any lighting issues if you leave flag “on” versus leaving it “off” for your dynamic lighting scenes?
You can’t use material AO and movable skylight if you have Allow Static Lighting enable (well … I think).

And here’s some new stuffs I forgot to post here :

I did scene mostly to play with substance designer and ue4 tessellation.
There is no special things for the lighting, just a movable sun and skylight.

?v=3loi-2Bx72A

And another snow scene.
The scene project is available to download here :slight_smile: (for UE 4.10.2) : https://store…com/product/koolas-snow-example-project-ue4/

It is not optimized at all and there are room for improvement, but maybe it can interest someone :slight_smile:

?v=E-FpKzD9_uM

Amazing ! Cheers for the link !

can you share your screenshot of tree material on your snowy scene? I really want to know about that snowy tree material :smiley: