The script goes on to delete that folder and all its contents, and then immediately afterwards it complains that the folder isn’t here:
ScriptCompiler.LoadPreCompiledScriptAssemblies: Loading precompiled script DLLs
ScriptCompiler.LoadPreCompiledScriptAssemblies: ERROR: Scripts folder c:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts does not exist!
Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: AutomationScripts.Automation.dll was not found or could not be loaded,
can't run scripts.
Stacktrace: at AutomationTool.ScriptCompiler.LoadPreCompiledScriptAssemblies(List`1 OutScriptAssemblies)
at AutomationTool.ScriptCompiler.FindAndCompileAllScripts(List`1 AdditionalScriptsFolders)
at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String CommandLine)
at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationScripts.Automation.dll was not found or could not be loaded, can't run scripts.
Am I doing something wrong? I’m not sure why the batch file would nuke the folder and then complain that it is missing… Can someone help?
I haven’t been able to fix. I’m not able to upgrade easily right now, so I started diving into the source code to try to figure out if something is going wrong. I was able to add some flags which got me slightly further but there was just a different crash/error at that point. I’ll try to let you know…
with the -compile option on, it seems to behave this way. I’ve gotten it to work with the following 2 steps:
Re-verify your engine using the epic games launcher which will rebuild your scripts directory.
Remove the -compile option or change to -nocompile in your runUAT command parameters.
With the compile option on, I can only get it to compile in the editor… not in a batch command by running the same build parameters that were in the editor log outside in an dos prompt. If someone has solved this problem, please let me know. As I have to compile manually in the editor before triggering a build in my jenkins server which makes my build less automated.
I use 4.9. This is my shell script which I use in Jenkins CI tool:
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.9/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT.command BuildCookRun -rocket -nocompile -nocompileeditor -installed -nop4 -project=“$projectfile” -cook -stage -archive -archivedirectory=“$outputdir” -package -clientconfig=$buildtype -ue4exe=UE4Editor -clean -compressed -CookAll -pak -prereqs -distribution -nodebuginfo -targetplatform=Android -build -utf8output
I currently only build for Android and iOS. But you can retrieve the command issued by the editor from the console output when you package your project within the editor. That is how I figured out the parameters to use … by looking at the console log and checking what was submitted when I triggered the packaging process from the editor.
I changed the command and as I result I don’t get this error anymore but unfortunately a different one. Looks like it has to do with the UnrealHeaderTool.
The version of the editor that I’m using is 4.9
When this happened to me a few days ago verifying the engine install fixed things. The problem was instigated by copying a RunUAT script with -compile on - seems that it would be good to do some error checking BEFORE deleting installed files!