RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully



I have been unsuccessful when trying to package my project for the android platform. It works when I try to package it for windows. I had a break from developing my project so last time I tried packaging for android was about a month ago and then it worked.

Now I get this error after it has been packaging for a while: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.(See more in the log file. You can also see that I get some errors when opening the project. I don’t know if that is relevant.)

I thought [this][1] might be the problem as I changed the android package name right before I tried packaging. I did as he said there, but that didn’t help.


RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully - Mobile - Epic Developer Community Forums

If I launch it directly on my android device it works, but still not when packaging.

Hey Pesk92,

Please review this [AnswerHub post][1] regarding a very similar issue. If the suggestions provided do not resolve the issue you’re running into with packaging, please reply back with updated error so that we can further investigate this for you.

Thank you!

ERROR: Exception in UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thanks! My keystore file was placed in the intermediate folder for some reason instead of the build folder. It works now. Thanks a lot!

The problem was the signing of the apk. My keystore file was in the wrong location.