RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully

dear sean ,
i have 2 system. one of them win 7 computer one of them win 8.1 computer.and
i did uninstall both engine after reinstall and i did try package.but engines gave same error. (sorry for bad english)
after i did change apple all profiles and id’s after i did try.but the engine everytime gave same error.

what must i do ? i don’t know.

The same for me and much others… In 4.5.0 the same…
The error is this…

18526-automation+tool+build+failed.jpg

Hey Michsaporito,

Would you be able to attach your Dxdiag and your Project Log files? Can you also include the entire build failed log?

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Sean! thanks for your attention…
I have the same report with Lightroom and Realistic Rendering for 4.5.0
I tried with a new scene but nothing… I’ve the problem only with 4.5.0… :frowning:
link text

Many thanks!
link text

Howdy Michsaporito,

Would you happen to have a paid subscription or a student redemption for UE4?

In order to use the Launcher and properly access UE4, you must have created a paid subscription account on UnrealEngine.com. Once you have this, you can download the Launcher from your account page, which once installed will then download and install the UE4Editor.

We can only offer installation & setup support for users accessing the editor from the Launcher or from our GitHub repository.

Have a good day!

Hey serhatuzuner,

Would you be able to attach the logs from a current failed build so that I may be able to further investigate the issue? Also, have you tried to resolve the issue by using the 4.5.1 build of UE4?

Thanks!

Hi serhatuzuner,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.

hi dear sean,
i did try package for UE 4.5.1 but i didn’t package, everytime engine gave outamation tool error.

i did uninstall and reinstall Windows after repeatly install UE4 but i didn’t package anything for ios :slight_smile:

i send last sample Project log file for error

serhatlink text

serhatuzuner,

We convert the UE4CommandLine.txt and its entire path to lower case before writing out the file. Can you verify if you have a c:\program files\epic games\4.5\engine\intermediate\uat\ios directory or a c:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.5\Engine\Intermediate\UAT\IOS directory?

-Pete

Actually, I am pretty sure I know how to fix this particular issue. I’m pretty sure it’s our call to lower case the path. We aren’t specifying a culture in that case and I am sure it is just picking an unexpected character.

-Pete

dear pete ,
i have these path and files in epic games file :slight_smile:

but i can’t understand lower case path event and specifying culture unexpected character event

sorry but,how can i change these on mycomputer

serhat

hi dear sean and pete ,

"Actually, I am pretty sure I know how to fix this particular issue. I’m pretty sure it’s our call to lower case the path. We aren’t specifying a culture in that case and I am sure it is just picking an unexpected character.

-Pete
"
still waiting a help for how can i fix these events

serhat
thanks

Unfortunately, you can only fix this if you build the tools themselves, so if you utilize the GitHub release then you could build the tools with the fix which is just a matter of utilizing the ToLowerInvariant version of the string functions. Without that change, you would have to specify English as your default culture on your computer. This is fixed in 4.6 which is probably the easier path to take for resolving the problem.

-Pete