RuntimeMeshImportExport - Import and Export runtime created static meshes using Assimp library

Can you share this material file ?

Hi @Rumbleball, I’m currently working with your awesome plugin. I’m trying to load .ifc models and it’s working pretty great. I have created a material that matches with the right parameters but there are two parameters that I don’t know how to use.

Material Name: <IFCDefault>
bWireframe: false
bTwoSided: false
ShadingModel: , as int: -1
BlendMode: , as int: -1
ScalarParameter
VectorParameter
Diffuse: (R=0.600000,G=0.600000,B=0.600000,A=1.000000)
TextureParameter
-----------------------------------------------------```

This is an example of one section. But idk what to do with ShadingModel and BlendMode. Is that something your nodes automatically replaces just like the scalarparameter, vectorparameter, etc?
And if it something I have to do myself: How could I do that?

Best Regards,

FJ

I payed for this plugin, but nothing happens when i press the install button in epic laucher shopping store page.
How to install and get the source code after paying?

I purchased this plugin, but cannot install it on mac.
Any help here? How to get this plugin on mac?

@Rumbleball, @anonymous_user_ebb21625 , @schwarzlichtfabrik who is responsible for this project/plugin now? It is very unclear. Could some one update the first message to reflect this if it is not Rumbleball anymore.
And my question still stands at #123

2 Likes

I’m personally not responsible for the plugin anymore, neither can I tell you who is, as I’m not working for the company anymore. I’ll add a note to the first post.

I’d like to +1 the previous message by @FJvanDijk, would be great to have some clarification from the current owner of the plugin and whether it will continue to be supported… even though it clearly doesn’t look that way.

Is there any clarity on how this plugin is/is not maintained? This forum is linked from the marketplace page so I assume there is an owner/maintainer as this is a paid plugin?

Would be very interested in paying for and making use of this however we need 4.26+ support.

Hello,
when i start the packaged build my game crash with a “Fatal error”.
Reading the log file i see an error regarding the loading of the “assimp-vc141-mtd.dll” in particular:

LogWindows: Failed to load ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/RuntimeMeshImportExport/Source/ThirdParty/assimp/bin/x64/Debug/assimp-vc141-mtd.dll’ (GetLastError=126)

LogWindows: Missing import: MSVCP140D.dll
LogWindows: Missing import: VCRUNTIME140D.dll
LogWindows: Missing import: ucrtbased.dll

Any suggestions? Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I’m a noob. I’m trying to export different meshes at runtime in Unreal Engine. I’ve created a Line Trace by Channel and I’m wondering how I can export the clicked object/objects. Anyone with a solution to this?

I already have the plugin installed and this is how my blueprint looks like

Hi!

I’m having trouble with embedded fbx files not creating the fbm folder and extracting their textures into it. Have other people managed to get an embedded fbx working? Are there some tricks on the 3d-modeling software side? We have managed to get embedded objs working. Our 3d artist mainly uses 3dsmax.

Hi all
I noticed the plug-in is no longer for sale. I have went through a lot of plug-ins and I found this one is very handy, so is there any way that I can get access to this plug-in?

Cheers
Vince

1 Like

thank you for your effort it it is so helpful thank you