Runtime Virtual Textures in 5.1 Broken?

Hi all, has anyone successfully gotten Runtime Virtual Textures to work in 5.1? After migrating a project from 5.0 to 5.1 my RVTs are completely broken. I’ve even rebuilt them from scratch but to no avail.

The screenshot attached shows a simple test of applying the RVT Sample directly onto an object. Even though I can see the BaseColor as expected in my RVT asset, when applied to an object, it starts freaking out and flickering colors. You can see here it makes my asset solid yellow…

I’m not sure why as I’ve followed all the tutorials numerous times, but can’t figure this out.

Unreal Engine 5 is known to be a bit buggy. Considering it’s still a very new and ever growing engine opposed to Unreal Engine 4 which has years of development already in it. Try disabling nanite and possibly rebuilding the scene. Other than that I would strongly suggest moving those assets over to a Unreal Engine 4 project and see if it has the same problem.

EDIT: So I just noticed the texture you have selected there in the content draw, it isn’t a Virtual Texture all textures on what ever meshes and materials your trying to run RVT on needs to have virtual textures enabled. Please follow this documentation I am not a supper fan of Tutorials mainly due to a lot of helpful information not being mentioned. Follow this and you should be set!

Can you point out where this is stated in the documents? I don’t believe this is true.