Runtime FBX Import is now available in marketplace :
With this plugin, you can import FBX files along with all the textures ( diffuse, opacity, normal , specular) and color values. Highly detailed FBX scenes can be loaded very fast, and grouping of a single file into Nodes and Material sections further allows you to generate an entire scene comprising of various interactive actors, from a single FBX file.
You will also be able to select and modify Material properties of the individual sections of final geometry in runtime. Each FBX scene is converted into a group of Procedural Mesh Components, each having unique material section and is a child of specific node, as read from the source FBX file. Custom collision meshes with UCX_ prefix can be created in the source file to apply collisions to the final Procedural Mesh Components.
This plugin is very flexible and optimized to ensure maximum usability, allowing you to import from smaller props to an entire scene, dynamically. Asynchronous Import allows you to execute other tasks while the FBX is being imported.
- Asynchronously Import FBX files in runtime.
- Relevant Textures(Diffuse, Normal, Specular, Opacity) are auto imported with the mesh and can be applied to the generated Procedural Mesh Components, each unique to a material index and is a child of a specific node, as read from the source file .
- Custom collisions can be applied in the generated mesh component via UCX_ prefix as read from the source file.
- Built in support for designing changeable material property layout for every Mesh Component.
- Evert FBX scene imported is represented by a custom actor which hosts all the Procedural Mesh Components generated from the nodes read from the source file. Hence every FBX scene can have its own set of custom logic, allowing user to implement this plugin in number of various scenarios, from importing larger scenes, to interactive smaller props like weapons , barrels, etc.
For further communication with me regarding releases, updates, and direct support, join me in Discord :
Kindly download the build from the below link and test out importing different meshes, and let me know for bugs and what additional features you would like to have.