runtime arbitrary code execution

Hello,

I am wrapping my head around UDK4, I don’t have a deep understanding of the SDK structure at the moment, but I wanted to ask to the more experienced users if it’s possible to use an external dll / code to be run in realtime during game execution/evaluation (possibly on a separate process but can be also just at game start ) .
Where do I start , is there some node I can use in the blueprint editor that can call a dll method? or I need to address the source etc. sorry for the confusion:) Thank you

I am by no means an expert on the matter, but my guess is you cannot do it directly from the BP. But since UE4 works with C++ why not try linking your library and execute the dll code from one of your custom classes?

These might be helpful
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/Basics/ClassCreation/CodeOnly/index.html

Hope it helps

You need to write wrapper UObject classes and use the UFUNCTION macro to expose getters/setters and methods to Blueprints. There’s really no other way to expose those functions to the reflection system.

Thanks for the hint ! , I will dig into it when I will have some spare time… also I cannot install vc2013… so I have to check out the 2012 mod instructions first:)