Running the FixUpRedirects Commandlet

I am trying to rename and reorganise various uassets within my folder structure. These assets are referenced by multiple levels, so using the in-editor Fix Up Redirects tool results in an error saying as much. The documentation mentions a Commandlet you can run to fix up all redirectors in exactly this situation, but does not specify where to find it or how to run it. How do I find and use this Commandlet?

I need to know this as well.

I would also like to know this

UE4Editor.exe “Myproject\MyProject.uproject” -run=FixupRedirects -testonly

thank you, it worked

This isn’t working for me, I’m currently using UE 4.6 (Win64). If I try to execute the same command I’m getting a “Failed to open descriptor file” error message. Is there something that I’m missing? Can anyone please shed some light on that. Thanks in advance.

I did manage to run the command, and it did “something” running as the command line app, but nothing changed in the Content folders. I do have 3 blueprints, that were renamed in the editor and the old copies are not used anywhere, but the FixupRedirects did not delete them. Why is that so?

You guys can also right click on any folder in content browser and select “Run FixUpRedirects here”. Not sure about the UE version here, but i guess 4.7 preview should have it.

Version 4.6 also has it.

Quoting @BiggestSmile for visibility. I don’t know why this isn’t in the documentation as it’s important for usability.

You guys can also right click on any folder in content browser and select “Run FixUpRedirects here”.

This is in the documentation here Redirectors | Unreal Engine Documentation also you can run this inside VS using the unreal vs tool for convience.

Actually it’s there now. Redirectors | Unreal Engine Documentation . That cmdlet is really coming in handy!