Running Multicast Event (from Server) not triggered on Client in some loop iterations?

Hi!

I am in my Custom Event which is RunOnServer. It requires an array of StaticMeshes, and for each of those I want to change their Material.
I call another Custom Event which is Multicast with inputs being the Mesh (by ref) and the material and its index.

I expect my Debug Message to say it changed the Material On the Server and on the Client similar to this:

223055-correctdebugmessage.png

The Material is changed on the Server and the Client for each StaticMesh.

However, in some instances my SetMat event seems like it is not multicast, and only run on the server like this:

223056-incorrectdebugmessage1.png

You can see here, that my SetMat Multicast event is only run on the Server for some of the loop iterations.
For some other iterations it seems to work as intended.

With yet another input array of StaticMeshes I get a similar result:

Here you can see once again that the code is only run on the Server, and the Client isn’t changing the Material as I would expect it to.

Grass01 and Fern04 are changing their Materials on the Client and the Server as expected, however all the other Components are not. Also the order in which they appear seems strange, as I would expect the Yellow and Green Debug Message (Client/Server) would appear back to back, before going through the other Components (CastleWall etc.)

What am I doing wrong? I have all my StaticMeshes set to replicate (It is one Actor Blueprint, with multiple StaticMeshComponents)

Thanks for reading through this :wink: hope you can help me!
Feel free to ask if you need additional info!

Bump! Please help me with this.
I’ll try to recap:

I am calling a Multicast Event multiple times. On some instances it works as intendet, meaning it is called on the Client and the Server.

In other cases it is only being called on the Server, but working as expected on it, however the Client doesn’t get any calls.

What happens if you make the SetMat event “Reliable”?

Setting my SetMat to Reliable actually made it work as intendet!

As you can see, now all my Meshes are being changed from the Server and then from the Client.

However it still seems off, as I would expect it to have each Material to be Changed on the Server and the Client taking turns like this: (Awesome Paint skills behold!)

Do you have any Idea why the calling this Multicast in a loop would result in this outcome?

Your suggestion still solved my problem of the client not changing the materials, thank you!

Hi
Is your server running on the same pc?
It might just be caused by the way the engine is queuing the print statements.
Can you mark it as answered?

It is running on the same pc. Everything I’ve posted and tested so far was in a NewEditorWindow via the PlayButton from the Engine.

How can I mark this as answered?

The same problem seems still existing on UE 5.0.2… Any way to solve it?