Running More Than One Poseable Mesh At Runtime Crashes, Am I Doing Something Wrong?

My character has several limbs, each with their own skeletal mesh and running from the same anim logic. I have an actor that creates a poseable mesh for each one with the logic (Set Skinned Asset And Update to Copy Pose From Skeletal Mesh). Running this for 6 parts at begin play is no issue, but trying to have it run at runtime, with delay, timer event or just plain tick, causes UE to crash. Am I trying to do something that isnt possible or is there other nodes I need to use? (functionally it works as intended, the posed mesh appears and copys the pose, until it crashes on tick)

My goal with this is to have a copied pose of my character so that I can make a bigger version of them running behing them with a different material as well. The material, scale, etc all works, but again, it crashes at runtime.

It only crashes when doing this for each part of the character, if I only did the poseable mesh for one part, then it doesnt crash. I tested with two and it crashes, so it seems how I blueprinted it or the logic of poseable meshes doesnt work for multiples of them.

If you want to merge many skeletal mesh parts for one character then I’d suggest looking into one of the many tutorials about The Master Pose Component (ue4)/ Master Pose Component (ue5)

palm to forehead dahm. I had that set up already but didn’t think to just have the duplicate of the character use the master pose, and instead went down this poseable mesh rabbit hole. Thanks for pointing me back in the right direction.

Although the issue I had still exists, so if anyone else knows why that happens with poseable mesh I would be interested in understanding it better.