Running into issues after recreating the third person skeletal mesh

Hello everyone,

I had recently acquired some animations that I wanted to start using in my project but I noticed that it would not let me retarget anything to (or from) the default skeletal mesh for the third person character. As a result, I created a new third person skeletal mesh, and was then able to retarget (and duplicate) all my animations and the animBP towards the new skeletal mesh. From a mechanical perspective, everything works well and the animations are running on the character.

My big issue though is that despite having rigged the new skeletal mesh as a humanoid, it seems to have zombified the skeleton up a bit and things do not line up properly anything like the original third person skeleton did. I have tried manually moving bones and such in place and saving, but it always seems to revert back - I am not sure what I am doing wrong or what I can take to fix the issue. Attached is a screen cap from my ‘new’ skeletal mesh which is sadly self explanatory.

Any thoughts on how I can get this new skeletal mesh to properly mimic the original third person mesh?

Thanks,
Scyclone

Thats how the actual animations are. You need to move the bones of the animation to the correct location.
Only change translation. Not rotation.

Hmm, not sure I follow what you mean regarding the bones of the animation and translation? Forgive me, I am very new to this segment of UE.

I disabled the “Post process animation blueprint” and it does an “A”? pose with everything looking lined up. But the moment I hit enable again, it goes back to the broken sockets. I am trying to see where I can change it for the animations but I am not having too much luck yet - even under the animation tab, it doesn’t seem to let me move things.

That’s not what is wrong at all, hit the options button at the top of the skeleton hierarchy list, then go in the retargeting option setting, set all the bones to skeleton, except the root, pelvis, and all the IK bones regards o/

That did the trick!

Thank you for the help, I owe you a drink for that one :slight_smile: