Run on owning client - really weird behavior

Im making simple inviss system - if player1 overlap player2 - only player1 can see player2
Logic is in actor component and im changing in all materials opacity mask
Everything works well in multicast, im setting multicasted opacity to 1 and on owning client to 0,67 which works well on clients and on server too. (im running “run on owning client” on player who own that component)

If i want player1 to see player2, im trying to get player2 component and change its properties only on player1 client via “run on owning client” RPC (but player1 does not own player2 component, is this my scripting fail? or its possible to do this even if i dont own his component?)

Currently it “works” really strange: client vs client works, im setting opacity to 0,67 but as you can see it render him with opacity 0, if server trying to run on owning client, then it looks like multicast and everyone see that client activated component

https://.com/watch?v=7JhJSSahvQ8

Here is character BP, reference is reference to another player who i overlap, im getting his component and trying to change its properties on owning client because only that client should see another player who is near…

and there is logic in actor component which have every character who have invisibility… im setting only material opacity mask…

I think this is pretty basic case and i really dont know why its not running correctly… My scripting fail? if yes, is there some way how can player1 change properties of player2 but only player1 will see that change?

Example: In multiplayer game, im player 1 and i want to set player 2 opacity to 0,5, but only i will see player2 half-transparent, all others player will see him normally fully opaque…?

Any help appreciated, thanks for reading.

Well so, i found way how to get expected results…
simply i run only not replicated custom event and it works perfectly on server and clients, but how to protect this against cheating? server -> owning client does not working so any other way? or how to setup logic like this? please help me someone…

bump… need a little bit help really

up… someone?

bump…

up…

up… noone?

up …

bump…