Run delay node only once then start event tick

hi there, i’d like to add a delay node to the event tick but i want that delay node to function only once after that it stops

here’s my BP :

The relative dangers of using Event Tick aside, you can probably get this functionality with a do once node combined with a gate. you sequence them both to the event tick. your gate would start closed. the do once triggers after a delay, runs this set actor rotation node, and opens the gate. after that then the gate would take over and operate as normal.

No exactly, this is the general setup I’m describing.

1 Like

My honest recommendation though is to consider how/when to trigger event tick. you can event begin play, or another general custom event, trigger with a delay that enables event tick to run normally. this will also produce the desired results and be much cleaner. Edit: just remember to check the enabled box for the Set Event Tick node. forgot to do that for this rough setup example.

1 Like

hi, and thanks for replying…
is that what you meant? if not sorry i’m kinda new to this
i tried connecting the do once node both to the open and close gate node yet it didn’t work

work like a charm, i’m grateful… i followed ur advice and as you said it’s way cleaner thank you again.
\
i have another question that i would like u to visit whenever u have time to do so

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/991483/activate-sound-when-the-sphere-is-moving.html

smth like this works really well espically in the anim graph thxs