Rules to organise Decals on top of each other?

Hello dear members of the forum

Intro:

For my first project I’m building a landscape. It will finally just be the view out of a window, but it’s a nice way to learn using the engine (see picture below).

Even when this is my first post here, I don’t want to waste your time with an intro. Just that much: I really did spend some hours to find a solution for my problems here and on web general.

Question:

Can I define rules to multiple Decals on and below each other? Define, which is on top of the other and which one should be below one or all the others.

Example:

On my landscape I want to put a satellite photo. Close to the camera I want to use one with higher resolution – I need to see where I have to place forest or grass… And for sure I will think of more ideas which I would like to create according to a template photo on the landscape.

Unfortunately the different Decals are in random order on top or below (visible or just not under the other). I tried to rename them for defined order in the World Outliner: no effect. I tried to create them in the order I wish: no effect.

Workaround:

For sure I can put the satellite photos together in Photoshop and place just that one on my landscape. But that’s not the way I like to work. And It will become exhausting as more variations of fix and temporary Decals I’m using.

Would be a pleasure to hear from you.

Thanks

Andi

Decals have a sort order:

2 Likes

Dear ClockworkOcean

Thanks a lot! Exactly what I was searching for – and that easy.

Have a great day

Andi

1 Like