Rule 1.13 Keep It Authentic how does it work ?

Hey, I’ve been making Fortnite maps for over 3 years now, and this Rule 1.13 “Keep It Authentic” has been bugging me for a while. At first, it wasn’t a big issue when my maps got rejected. Okay, it was annoying, and in some cases helpful, and you didn’t have much to lose. But now that creators can get banned or suspended for it, it’s scary and annoying. For example, I publish my map with an image and a background. The map gets approved. I update the map weekly. I don’t change the thumbnail and background at all, but still get the rejection. After the rejection, I submit the map again and it gets approved again without changing anything. Most of the time, the reason is “promotion image and lobby link background.” For me, it feels like the system is random and inaccurate; it feels more like rolling a dice. I have maps where images get approved 50 times, then rejected 2 times, and then approved 50 times again without changing anything. I did a lot of research but can’t find a good reason why this keeps happening. I also contacted support several times, but they can’t give me info about this. I also contacted Epic’s Success Creator Managers, and they tell me the same. My question is how do I keep updating my maps without getting too many issues with this rule and prevent suspension in the future? I added some images that got rejected today, enjoy.

I’ve attached some images that were rejected today for your reference. Thanks for your attention.

Rejected because of promotion image and lobby background, approved 4 times before and also approved after rejection again.

Rejected for lobby background

Hi Strrex,

You’re not alone. It seems bizarre that thumbnails/backgrounds are being rejected without a provided reason.

I do enjoy speculating about how a thumbnail / lobby BG is in violation, so thanks for posting images.

For the first and third images, Lobby backgrounds can not have text. (Maybe someone is considering the ‘3:00’ on the clocktower text?)

The middle image might be getting flagged for “Weapons overlaid on shapes” personally I’d say all the weapons are inside of shapes (not overlaid), and I would not consider a ‘colored glow’ a shape… but maybe that’s being interpreted by someone as ‘weapons cannot be highlighted or mixed with shapes in any way’

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. You mentioned some good points that I didn’t see at first. I like to make most of my maps nice and aesthetic with boxes and stuff, but yes, it does indeed look like I have boxes in the thumbnail because of this.

2 Likes

My first post on the forum. You are not alone. I have been dealing with this since I started making maps in February 2024. This 1.13 rejection process is incredibly inconsistent. When this is rejected, we have no option other than to guess why it was rejected. Then re-post a new thumbnail or image. Or try to delete something from the starting lobby. I have had thumbnails pass for a week straight with no problem, then randomly get rejected. Then I just delete a random object from my starting lobby, and it passes. Recently happened again, so I tried multiple guessing attempts, now I am suspended from making maps for 2 weeks.

1 Like

Yes, in my opinion, there should be no reason for suspension with this rule. There is little to no player feedback on what you did wrong, and you’re ‘breaking a rule’ on something that’s not visible to the public yet.

1 Like