Hey guys, I’m currently working on a game influence by ‘Hidden & Dangerous’.
H&D is a RTS/FPS, but allows you to go in to a top view and plan out your players commands. You control 4 soldiers. The game is pretty hard as your players die very quickly and once they are dead, that’s it, you loose them for the rest of the game. Before you start a campaign, you get to choose you soldiers and equipment. I want to keep these elements.
I still want the players to die quickly so that you do actually have to use good tactics and be careful instead of just run and gun. Just like in the H&D series. If you just run and gun, you’ll die straight away.
So that’s kind of what I’m going for. If you’ve played H&D then you’ll know.
Stuff done so far:
- Character switching. In-game and in the map overview
- Friendly AI controller that takes over soldier when player switches to another character
- Switching between the game and map overview/planner
- Using the anim starter pack for basic animations and control
- Command system which allows the player to stack commands for each friendly soldier. Such as move to, go crouch, go walk etc. Friendly AI will go through each of it’s commands one after the other and move on the next one when the current one is complete
- When player switches out from friendly soldier to another one, AI will take back over and continue executing any commands