RTS Prototype

Added a new unit - LRV:

3 Likes

There will be 2 factions when (IF) the game is released, and I plan to add third in an expansion. The setting is my fictional lore I’ve made up. Fictional planet, two fictional races, etc… It’s still not coherent enough to talk about at this point, but I do have a rough idea :slight_smile:

What news/updates do you have?
So, let me ask you some Unreal questions, do you use Blueprints on everything?

Do you have in mind about adding Sea and Air Units?

I’ve added resource deposits the factions in the game will mine to gain credits:

1 Like

Not everything, but about 98% of the code is currently in BP, simply because prototyping in BP is much faster. Once I have more final idea of how the game systems should work, I will start rewriting the least performant parts of them in C++.

And yes, water and air units planned, but still quite far on the todo list. The main goal is to have very simple playable skirmish scenario, with a few buildings to build, few units to build, resource gathering and basic AI. Basically something a player can actually play and win. That will test if most of the game systems are in place and work properly.

2 Likes

Loving the idea and looks awesome, mining it ala C&C so you will have some kind of havesters errr (miners) and a Structure that the miners can go back to release the ores?

I have some good ideas, if you like me to share them let me know, I can PM you those ideas

Interesting, start small and then expand little by little.

Yes, there will be “harvesters” and “refineries”.

I don’t really need ideas at the moment, since I have quite clear vision of what still needs to be done. All I need is time and money, and I am running short on both :smiley:

Such a quotable line. Everyone has ideas, ideas are never the issue.

1 Like

Yes, everyone has ideas :slight_smile: It’s having the skills to turn them into reality what’s truly rare :slight_smile:

That’s even better.

I hope not, stopping right now will be really sad, it will be nice to learn more about your RTS vision, anyway you have my support, cheers mate.

Your project looks amazing!
I found this through your comment in a thread regarding RTS performance optimization.
A quick question that comes to mind:
You seem to be using RVO avoidance, and since you don’t have collision with the ground you probably use the flying mode in the character movement components of your units. How do you use RVO avoidance in combination with flying mode? This doesn’t seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance, and good luck with your project!

Unit models look rly nice. Great work!

@Rawalanche Hi! after years I just came back and remembered you and your game, what happened to you? I do not see any updates since 2021! is everything fine with you?

I happened to find this, just wanted to say it looks pretty great!