I may be speaking too generally, but has anyone here done any work with RTS games or other genres requiring lots of actors that can be ordered around and so on? What considerations must be made in order to fit within the UE4 way of doing things?
- Has anyone tried multiple pawns per AI controller? Does it make more sense to just stick to one? Why/why not?
- What about large-scale AI? Load balancing and threading AI queries?
- How has EQS held up in these scenarios? Do you bother with it or just manually inform AI pawns / controllers of what they ‘should’ know?
- Built-in server/client networking and replication; good enough for your uses?
- Other RTS-specific implications of UE4?
Please throw in below any questions about this that I’ve missed!