RTS Building Template

Really nice work guys! This is looking amazing so far :slight_smile:

Hey Frostic -

So - From the looks of it you have your Units and buildings on the persistent level but not any of the sub levels that were made when you made your landscape. Which could be leading to these problems.

That said put your unit on a Sub level with a Navigation mesh volume. This may help.

Also as a Side note - You may want to enable World Origin rebasing just so you do not run into floating point issues with your map.

[MENTION=15702]Defuse Studios[/MENTION] - Got a few questions -

So I am looking at picking up your kit for a game I want to make.

1. Are there any plans for siege weapons? Example: Battering rams, Catapults, Cannons, etc.
  2. Are there any plans for a territory system component? Similar of that to how Rise of Nations does it. Territory | Rise of Nations Wiki | Fandom
  3. Are there any plans for ships?
  4. Are there any plans for any plans for trade and diplomacy between players and/or AI?
  5. Is there any plans for any form of “tech tree” or “tech up” system?
  6. Are there any plans for walls and gates?

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot

Hey there,

The features your asking about can be quite advanced and can be very game specific, right now I’m mainly focusing on improving the AI we have currently and streamlining the way people can edit and add new features.
That being said i do like the tech tree idea and I am looking at ways to implement a good wall system.

Thanks for your interest and i will continue to post updates here when we have new features on the way.

James Yates
Defuse Studios

are you guys still working on this project? Would love to hear if there comes more updates :slight_smile:

Hey there,

There will be more updates in the future, right now I’m focused on another project but I will post here when I am working on new stuff

Kind of broken in 4.19.
BP_RTSPawn’s Building Static Mesh output from Get Class Defaults node disconnects from break struct node on compile.

Are the update plans discarded?

Hey there,

Thanks for letting me know i will look in to the issue now and get it fixed.

Hey

So after some looking around its a bug with 4.19 i will attach the bug tracker below (They said it is now fixed in 4.19.1)
I will send out a update now to epic that fixes the issue for now. Hopefully epic will update it on the launcher asap.

Is there a way to make ranged units? I’ve tried a few times but no success