RTS Blueprints Template

MOAVGproductions: Thanks man! At the moment I haven’t heard in a few weeks. I can only imagine how long it takes to quality test everything that gets put onto the market. I reached out to them today so hopefully I hear back soon!

Keltar: I was actually thinking about that! I didn’t include the character/selected unit portrait in the toolkit because I wanted everything included to be generated entirely in-engine. Nothing has been brought in from outside the engine. No use of outside software was used to create anything. To create character portraits I would’ve had to use either camera render textures or textures created in Paint or Photoshop. I liked the idea of camera render textures however I know how bogged down an inferior system can get when using them and I didn’t want anyone to be precluded from using the RTS Toolkit. As it is right now it runs on my older system (mid-low end 2010 build) just fine with roughly 60fps at high settings and I’ve tested with over 100 units at once.

For anyone who was/is interested in the RTS Toolkit, it is now on the marketplace!

Hey , great work. I’m actually quite interested in what you are doing, or at least the switching from TPS to RTS, as I would like to implement something kind of like that in a game that I am trying to design. It will basicly be a sandbox survival game where you are trying to rebuild civilization when humanity goes back in time after the world is kind of destroyed after all the stuff we’ve done to it. I do want to have some RTS elements to the game, as well as a little bit of Tycoon type stuff. Still don’t know how all of that will go together, but I’m sure I can figure it out.

Keep up the good work.

Comniverse_01 - Thank you! The final product doesn’t have the TPS to RTS function. That was just a happy accident early on as I created the RTS gametype from a TPS gametype. But because a lot of the functionality lies in the Character blueprint rather than the Controller blueprint, it would still be very easy to add the TPS > RTS and vice versa back into the game. Also, your idea sounds awesome. I would play the hell out of that!

Just got it. Stellar work mate :smiley: Thanks for doing this. Please remember me to add your name to special thanks in the game :smiley:

TAN_ - Thank you! Glad you like it! If you have any concerns or find any bugs, please email me to let me know!

Also, if you have purchased it don’t forget to rate it! https://www.unrealengine.com/content/9586f0a858f549fcb10e70660374d235

The documentation/guide is now available to anyone regardless of whether or not you have purchased the Toolkit. You can download it at the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/895gu2offexqa9h/AAD2lOdURBcqbKzz_lDTFtMpa?dl=0

where download sample code?

on Trello here is just error

Card not found.
This card may be on a private board. If someone gave you this link, they may need to invite you to one of their boards or organizations.

I just want to let everyone know that I have submitted the 4.10 update. Just waiting on the update to be posted to Marketplace now. Anyone who wants to convert the 4.9 version to 4.10 should run into no errors. Nothing should need to be changed. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email!