Download

RPC error 4.19.1 LogNetSerialization: Error: FBitReader::SetOverflowed()

Hello I am getting an rpc error here using this RPC code
LogNetSerialization: Hello I am getting an rpc error here using this RPC code LogNetSerialization: Error: FBitReader::SetOverflowed() called! (ReadLen: 2266, Remaining: 44, Max: 67) LogNet: Error: ReadFieldHeaderAndPayload: Error reading payload. Object: BasePlayerController 1:PersistentLevel.BasePlayerController_0, OutField: ClientReceiveLocalizedMessage called! (ReadLen: 2266, Remaining: 44, Max: 67) LogNet: Error: ReadFieldHeaderAndPayload: Error reading payload. Object: BasePlayerController 1:PersistentLevel.BasePlayerController_0, OutField: ClientReceiveLocalizedMessage

rpc.PNG

Your code example is a bit confusing and seemingly doesn’t really fit to the error message. According to the error the problem is within in the **ClientReceiveLocalizedMessage **RPC, which doesn’t get called in your code. I am guessing it has something to do with the welcome or name changed message which gets broadcasted automatically by the player state via ClientReceiveLocalizedMessage. Make sure you are not accidentally sending a rediculously long player name string via an RPC for example.

Hi Fluppi the string should only be 7 letters. I tested the RPC with a test string that is only 7 letters without using the gameinstance to get the string I need from a json server and i still got the same rpc error. Do you think its maybe referencing the PlayerName variable from playerstate

Hm could it possibly be that you are calling a lot of RPC’s on the player controller or replicating variables after the game starts? It might be that it’s not specifically the content of the ClientReceiveLocalizedMessage call but rather too much data being replicated at once. My suggestion is to test with an empty player controller class and only have your SetPlayerUsername function called and see if the error persists. If you don’t mind showing the header and source file of your player controller would help me and others a lot to understand what you are trying to achieve and where the error could be :slight_smile:

Hi the error didn’t persist in the test empty player controller class in blueprints. Below is where the function GetPlayerUserName() as shown above is called. Also everything else in the baseplayercontroller is the same as in your fps template. This is all the code for the Playerusername
getplayerusername.PNG
Below is whats in the header.
headerplayername.PNG
Below is what i added to the baseplayerstate in the fpstemplate

playerusername.PNG
playerusername2.PNG