Want to join a thriving indie game development company? We are in need of more team members - As this is a remote position, you will be required to be online relatively often. We use Discord for short and quick communications, meetings and Trello for task management.
We are a small but growing game studio working on our first big project. We have been developing the game for a while and already have a playable demo. Our initial pitch has attracted the interest of publishers and our goal is to have a polished vertical slice ready for further pitching purposes. We estimate that with roughly 6 months of solid programming work we will be ready to reignite funding conversations with the interested publishers.
The team so far is composed of 10 people. We not only aim to create a game, but to create an environment for people to enjoy their work and get the best experience possible. Our team so far is composed of several industry professionals and juniors, but one thing is for sure, we all share the same passion for making games.
The game is set in a fantasy world ruled by the hands holding their swords strong enough to withstand the might of their opponents, them being wizards, magical creatures, knights and elfs. You can visit our website (still in development) to have a quick glimpse: Ruthless-games.com
Fresh Ideas are always welcome and we are open to discussion. We believe a good game and level design comes from collaborative thinking, so we do encourage you to participate and debate it with other team members in meetings.
Here’s a short gameplay teaser:
General Game Programmer
Each candidate will be expected to take a test.
• Working knowledge of C++
• Own, operate and support the services and features you develop
• Take ownership of new and existing features in Unreal Engine, content editor and tools.
• Work closely with game designers to design and implement new features
• Have a general knowledge of the inner workings of game engines including rendering, physics, AI, sound and networking.
• Follow game design work to ensure the creative vision and the desired branding fits the end result
• Optimise, refine, and correct work to ensure as much of a bug-free and well-performing environment as possible
This is a relatively urgent position, so we are looking for candidates who are:
Looking to develop the next big indie game.
Dedicated, active and responsive.
Willing to participate in meetings and be active.
Fans of the fantasy genre that want to submerge themselves in it.
Payment Structure: As soon as the project gets bigger funding, you will receive a job position offer for our studio.
You can send your resume to our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org