Welcome Home (internal project name) is a narratively driven first-person exploration-based game where you play as Michael, who has returned home after a 6-month army tour to find a lot has happened since he left. The player will make use of physics-based interaction systems as they explore the family home to discover the personal stories that reside within.
Taking inspiration from immersive simulation games such as Gone Home and What Remains of Edith Finch, we hope to engage the player with a mature story in a rich, interactive environment.
- Physics-based simulation
- Simulation-based first-person gameplay.
- Thematically very heavy.
Freesphere Entertainment Ltd
Game & Level Design & Blueprinting
Writer & Narrative Design
Sound & Audio Engineer & Musician
Solarix - Solarix on Steam
Devoid - De-Void on Steam
UnderEarth - UnderEarth on Steam
We are looking for an enthusiastic programmer who can help us bring this challenging, ambitious project to life. The right person will have:
- C++ and Blueprinting essential.
- Understanding of Perforce required.
- Understanding of animation systems is required.
- Knowledge of Save Systems is required.
- An understanding of game design & story-telling is an advantage.
- Previous experience is NOT required for the right person.