[ROYALTY/CONTRACT] Searching for 3D Modelers, Animators, C++/UE5 Developers & More, to Join Our Team on an Innovative Zombie Survival/Shooter FPS with ZERO-UI

Hello everyone!
VoidLab, the team behind the hyper-realistic zombie survival game Fall in Duty, is seeking your creativity and passion!

What we offer:
Every member of our team enjoys the opportunity to grow in a professional yet relaxed environment. We provide free access to MS Teams & 365 Business, and if needed, to iClone8/CC4 for animation and 3DS MAX for modeling. While initial involvement is voluntary, we ensure a path to paid positions, contractually secured, based on project success.

What we expect:
We are seeking 3D modelers, 3D animators, and Unreal Engine 5.3 developers, along with other creative contributors who are eager to develop their skills and advance professionally. Developers should have a basic understanding of multiplayer development. Basic English proficiency is required for all applicants. We welcome both experienced professionals and motivated newcomers, regardless of their previous career paths.

More about us:
Our team thrives in an open and equitable atmosphere where your ideas and input truly matter. To get a better sense of our projects and team culture, join me and our 3D leader, William, for an informal chat. For more insights into our project and additional details, please visit our Steam page and our careers page.

Thank you for your interest,
The VoidLab Team

Email: business@voidlab.eu
Discord: dr.vegapunk1337

2 Likes

Why don’t you finish “Fall in Duty” and sell it? Then you would also have the money to pay people working on your commercial project and don’t have to fish for people to work for free “voluntary” for you when while you get all the revenue.

2 Likes

This screams dodgy scam game. I’d be surprised if anyone took this given that you aren’t paying them.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

We appreciate the concerns regarding the voluntary start to our project. We’re not just looking to create a game for quick profits. Our goal is to develop a game that is enjoyable and holds potential, and the ambitious scope we’ve set necessitates a larger team. Here’s how we ensure fairness and transparency:

Contracts After Initial Meeting: After a first get-together where you can ask questions and see our workflow, contracts are offered to those who are interested in joining the team and whom we believe will be a great fit. These contracts clearly define exactly how and when revenue sharing occurs, ensuring security and clarity for all parties involved.

Access to Professional Tools: All team members gain free access to MS Teams, Office 365 Business, and professional tools such as iClone8/CC4 and 3DS MAX, aiding in both personal and professional growth.

Join Our Discord: To learn more about our project or if you’re interested in an open position, join our Discord, ask any questions, or directly contact me for a face-to-face chat with me and our 3D Leader, William.

We want to build a game from our heart and soul, one that we believe in and would play ourselves. Achieving this vision requires a committed and innovative team. For more details, please visit our careers page.

Thank you for your interest and understanding.

Best regards,
The VoidLab Team

1 Like

Do you have in contract that free assets/work done by individual may only be used in project they were done for, or else You pay that individual like for commissioned items?

I am asking this because doing two projects for free, is quite illogical as pointed above. Unless you get free assets from one project to use them in another.

Doing second project when you cannot finish first only doubles work, and from experience i know that last push to finish game is worst part of development. For everybody. Marketing/idea man finally need to close deals fill up endless papers etc. Coders need to fix all bugs, same for level designers and artists, they probably have mountain of things to polish.

So why exactly you are starting second project while first is not making money yet?

Hi Nawrot, thank you for your inquiry and for raising your concerns.

Our team is currently focused solely on the development of our game project “Fall in Duty.” We do not have a second project in progress. All assets or work produced by individuals are intended exclusively for use in this project.

We have contracts in place to ensure that the assets created for the game are to be used exclusively for this game. We take intellectual property rights seriously and ensure that all contributions are appropriately recognized and compensated at the end.

We understand the importance of focusing our efforts and resources effectively, especially during the initial development phase. Rest assured, our team is fully committed to seeing “Fall in Duty” through to completion before considering any future projects.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
The VoidLab Team

I don’t see Blueprints Scripters/Engineers on the list, but…

Since the days of Left4Dead 1 & 2, I've desired to develop a Zombie Survival with features I wanted.

One of my first UE Projects (Projeckt Frankiestien), but it was too ambitious for me at the time. However, as my skills evolved, I took on the development of a Alien Invasion | Kaiju Survival Terror that includes features I wanted my Zombie Survival game. Unfortunately, I’ve had to reboot my game switching from UE4 to UE5 and trying to keep up with the new versions to use latest features. With every upgrade something broke :frowning:

How you're going to innovate zombies really has my attention.

I’m all about innovations and Zombie Games definitely need some. I appreciate the idea of No UI or at minimum inputs to toggle Show/Hide all or parts of it on-demand. I’m personally going for an all 3D Mesh-based Spatial UI. I still love zombies, and there are a lot of zombie games. The question I ask myself are Zombies played out?

1 Like

Hello TechLord,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your journey and insights into game development. To address your initial concern, Blueprint Scripters/Engineers are indeed on our list of sought-after roles. This might not have been clearly stated, but we certainly value and are actively looking for talent in this area, as reflected in the title of the original post and on our careers page.

Regarding your question about innovating within the zombie genre, it’s a challenge we’re excited to tackle. A prime example is “The Day Before”, which initially captured significant attention and demonstrated the community’s strong interest in zombie games, confirming that the genre is far from played out. Our work on “Fall in Duty” started well before the buzz around “The Day Before”, but we aim to harness this enthusiasm to introduce new dynamics that can rejuvenate and enhance the player’s experience, potentially akin to how you’re implementing an all 3D Mesh-based Spatial UI in your projects.

If you are interested in contributing to a game that aims to redefine zombie survival, I encourage you to contact me directly on Discord: dr.vegapunk1337, so we can have a chat.

Best regards,
The VoidLab Team

The Day Before is probably NOT the best example to use as it considered to be one of the biggest Scam/Sham/WamBamThankYouMam.

It hyped up the Zombie Fanbase, then dropped them on their heads from a 50 story building. It may very well have killed off any enthusiasm left for the open world zombie survival game.

But I get it. You want to fulfill the demand of the zombie survival game market and have the confidence to pull it off. Can Fall in Duty bring the Fanbase for genre back from the Dead?

I’m obligated in several game dev related projects, product development, freelance work, and UE4/5 tutoring. However, I will be following your progress herein UnrealEngine Community and Steam, cheering you on to the release date and finish line.

1 Like