Royalties on still images and videos for interactive app

Hi, if i render still images and videos made in ue4 using marketplace contents and i use these linear contents (videos and images) in a commercial interactive app that i make with another engine i I need to pay royalties?

Thanks for help.

Royalties do not apply if you are using UE only to produce non-interactive linear media. So if you are just using UE to render linear cutscenes or images that can’t be interacted with, then you will not owe royalties. To the extent those scenes or images are part of an interactive experience, however, you may still incur royalty obligations for revenue generated in connection with your product.

Thanks for the answer but i still don’t have a clear understanding of license.

I make an example to explain my doubts:

1 - I render illustrative videos with unreal engine.
2 - I create with android studio an interactive fitness app that shows the videos i made with unreal and ask questions to users to test their fitness knowledge.

In this case i use the linear contents i made in unreal in an interactive product.

In this scenario I need to pay royalties?

Thanks for help and patience.

P.S. Sorry for my English

This is an interesting case, and really gets to the question of what is “interactive.” I recognize that my prior response was a bit vague - sorry about that. For “non-interactive linear media” as used in the UE EULA, it’s not really about whether your product is interactive as a whole, it’s about whether the media you render in UE is interactive. So if a user simply picks from a list of videos rendered in UE, watches the video, then answers a quiz about the video, I would say that the UE-rendered media is not interactive.

Thanks for the answer.

I’m sorry but I still have doubts on what is “interactive”.

These are some hypothetical cases that might be interesting to understand:

If i render sprites of a character in UE and use these sprites to animate a 2D character in a videogame i make in Cocos2d i have to pay royalies?

If i render several linear media (videos) in UE and i use these videos in a Dragon’s Lair style game (The game shows video A or video B based on user controller movement) developed in another game engine i have to pay royalies?

If i render some image background or some characters sprites in UE and i use them in a visual novel i make in renpy i have to pay royalies?

I think that in all this cases the media i render in UE is not interactive… Am i wrong?

I really can’t understand in which case a linear media (Video or image) i render in UE is interactive.

Can you make me an example where a media i render in UE is interactive?

Thanks for help.