Rotation error - rendering a Turntable

Hi,

I’m trying to spin a mesh on itself, following this tutorial which starting at 26:37.

The problem is that the mesh rotates around the camera - I think - not on itself. How can I define the center of rotation?

I need it to present my designs so what I want to get are videos to export.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBUJKbB6vA4

The mesh will rotate around it’s pivot point. When you click the mesh, where is the pivot point?

In the center of the mesh where it should rotate.

Yes, I get that. But when you click the mesh, where is the editor widget? Is it in the center?

If I click the mesh I cannot see the editor widget, only if I click on NewLevelSequence and it was in the wrong position. I moved it to the center of the mesh but that didn’t change anything. If I understand correctly, are you referring to this?

Yes, that’s the pivot point. The turntable mesh also has one, and I think it’s totally in the wrong place. It must have one, zoom out a bit and take a look :slight_smile:

Thank you for the tip! I’ll try to look for it because I can’t see it …

Judging from what you’re saying, it’s probably near the camera…

There is an update: I replaced my design with a cube and it works.
I made the switch again and maybe I found the wrong pivot but I can’t move it in a functional way because it continues to rotate around the previous position. It is a pivot with a small sphere or cube:

352428-schermata-2021-11-17-alle-225248.png

This is where scene components get useful.

eg. this box has a pivot away from it on every axis.
But I’ve placed it into a scene component and positioned it centrally on that scene, so to move/rotate it normally I can just reference the scene rather than the box.

I’ve always used it for doors and in this case I hadn’t really thought about it! Thanks!

I did it maybe the wrong way but I did it: I converted the mesh into a blueprint to set the new pivot with the scene components and then I converted it back to a mesh because I didn’t know how to rotate the blueprint.

That’s the right way to do it ( apart from the converting back to mesh ), unless you want to use something like:

or export to Blender, fix, and the re-import…

Very interesting thanks!

Yes, in the end I noticed that pressing right mouse button on blueprint I could add trasform tab without conversion and I did so.

With Blender I had tried but once imported it pivot returned to the wrong position. I must have made some mistakes. I’ll buy pivot tool!