Rotate BoxMask by absolute world position?

Hi Guys,

I’m using a BoxMask-3D to ‘clip’ some of my geometry away, but in addition to translation, i also need to rotate the boxmask so i can tilt my clip. I’ve tried using a RotateAboutAxis node, but this only allows rotation around one axis, while i need both x and y.

Does someone know how to do this rotation?

Thanks!

You should rotate your input to BoxMask.
You can use RotateAboutAxis to get any kind of rotation, you just need to figure out how to get the correct rotation axis.

Thank you for your answer! I tried this, but haven’t found a way yet. Rotation around a single axis seems ok, but i can’t get multiple axis to work with the RotateAboutAxis node. How would you go about this?

I would probably need a bit more detailed description of what you are trying to achieve to help.

I figured it out, as Deathrey said it can be done with the RotateAboutAxis node. To get multiple axis rotation axis, you just add a different RotateAboutAxis setup for each axis you need. The different outputs from the RotateAboutAxis nodes can then be added to each other and plugged into the A input of the boxMask as your three-axis rotation.

See the image underneath for my setup.