Rootshape (Explorational co-op 2.5D sidescroller cross-platform sci-fi action adventure)

Hi people :slight_smile:
There are amazing posts here, I love to work with unreal engine and I think that epic games and all other devs around here are doing an amazing job.
Aand now I want to join the stream. I hope very much that you like what I am working on!

Please take also a look on rootshape.com, I have several social media links at the bottom of the website in case you want to keep track of my development.

Very nice work so far! I like the graphics.

How exactly are you doing the co-op? Is it going to be more of a pick-up and play arcade-style or are there some sections of the game that require 2 players?

Hey, thank you very much man that cheers me up. The answer for your question does not seem to be that easy. have NOT implemented sections for two players only, yet! I have some ideas but I think it is better to make it in a way on which one player should be enough for anything.

Since friendly-fire is off (it was on for some time and very funny), you cannot catapult your partner into higher areas anymore to discover special secret areas for example.

BUT gameplay will have some differences between 1 and 2 player mode. 2 Player will spawn more enemies and put obstacles on your way that player 1 has to crush while player 2 keeps away the crowd of enemys. Once I am finished with that you will get to see it :slight_smile:

Ah cool! That sounds pretty neat. I think itโ€™ll definitely add that extra dynamic and challenge.

I started to make my development progress public last saturday. Not that detailedbut with colors and footage :slight_smile: Not I got some followers on facebook and twitter, instagram stayed rather silent.

This social media thing is pretty new to me so Iโ€™m still diving in into the hashtag and follower stuff and cutting videos.

I will keep posting what I have done so far for two weeks before I get back into development again.

In the next video I show a pretty nice side effect of my combo system. It was originally thought just to uppercut your enemies into the air and catapult them back down which causes a shockwave. But the shotbot tennis side effect works kinda intuitive.

Please enjoy the show

Phew, this is the last week in whichI am diving into social media. Now I joined reddid, the community there gives me the most feedback for my work and I actually like that, but some ppl there are just renting useless stuff as it seems. But I try to take all feedback serious and gain something out of it.

So now I got twitter, facebook, youtube, instagram reddit and itch.io and unrealengine forums. Phew thats pretty much and they all have their own rules of posting and commenting amd liking and their communities behave different from each other. But it makes fun! Iโ€™m getting feedback and new ideas from ppl for my work now and they give me much hole that kickstarter might truly become a success!

Here are two links that I posted recently on the other platforms. A short action clip in which I managed to get not hit and a slomo closeup of my walk animation.