I’ve looked through several topics, but none could help me with this:
- I have a simple skeletal mesh
(exported from Blender 2.78, via FBX
version 7.4 binary).
- Said mesh has a simple animation
moving the root bone (forward
movement along the y axis).
- I imported both into UE4.12, opened
the animation asset and enabled Root
- The mesh animates in place, so the
root motion is recognized I guess.
- With the animation asset I then
created a montage on a custom slot.
- I created an animation blueprint,
with only said custom slot feeding
the final pose. The animation Blueprint is also getting Root Motion from Montages only (though switching to “Everything” doesn’t change the outcome)
- I call the animation blueprint (via
event) from a character blueprint
(with assigned mesh/animation BP) to
play the montage every 1.5 seconds.
So far so good, HOWEVER: When I start the game, the montage plays, but the character doesn’t move.
I’m really not sure what could cause this problem.
I hope someone can help me with this.