Root motion for non-character pawn doesn't work (many pictures)

The first picture shows how the root is animated without root motion.

This second pic shows how the animation looks with root motion enabled

Here you can see that root motion for everything is enabled in the defaults, i do not change it anywhere else.

Lastly here is a picture of the “state” where the crab-skull jumps.

Now I can SEE the crab playing the jumping animation when it should when the pawn is running around, but it does NOT move, It just sits still on the ground playing the animation like it does in picture 2. I have no other jumping animations or animations even close, so I’m sure its playing the correct one. The pawn however does NOT inherit from the character class, is this the reason why it is not moving? If so, how do I make it work WITHOUT inheriting a ton of overhead from the character, highly preferable in blueprints. Feels odd that this kind of basic functionality isn’t in yet or rather baked in to a such a bloated class, so I’m probably missing something.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, the fact that it does NOT inherit from the Character class is the reason why it does NOT move. I would also like to know what do i have to do to my custom Pawn and MovementComponent to allow for Root Motion. Have you found something?

The root animation movement is done in the large UCharacterMovementComponent class. You should be able to just copy bits that you need and go from there. Just debug a Character based one to see what you need.

I’m bringing this conversation back up, hoping that sooner or later someone will be able to bring a solution to this problem.