Root motion enable not moving capsule

I’ll just leave a link to where I answered my own question, very similar to this, because it has like 6 pics and a bunch of explaining that might help. Just tell me if you want clarification on anything.

Simulating Root Motion with Blueprints

what is your email?

thanks so much :slight_smile:

i found your profile in forum,so how to send you a message?

can you send me your email in private message? i cannot find it

I won’t put my email address up here but if you upload it to google drive or dropbox and send me a private message through the forums I’ll check it out. Or turn on allow private messaging in the forum settings and I’ll send you my email there.

Sent you a friend request top left corner of the forum for future reference. Under what’s new

You have private messaging turned off in your settings. Go to Forum Actions->General Settings.

134056-capture.png

And turn on private messaging.

That’s great, glad I could help you onto the right path.

Would you mind sharing what it was in case someone else comes across this thread with a similar problem?

i found out what happen thx man

ok,its the “rootmotion from everything”,i start a new project and i found out that when i enable"rootmotion from everything",it move but because of some setting in my project , it don’t works when i enable “rootmotion from everything”

I’m using UE4.15 and I no longer see the Root Motion category in the individual animation assets. I know there was a large Animation update in 4.15, do I not need to select that checkbox anymore?

Thanks so much

I know this was solved long ago, but I’m adding my two cents: If the character has no collision, the root won’t move unless it’s in flying mode.

1 Like

When you download Mixamo animations there is a checkbox to select whether you want to download the animation with or without root motion. Mixamo root motion does work.
I know this answer is probably not relevant to you now but this is for the possible benefit of others who are searching.

this worked for me, thanks!

Ahhh thank you! Was really confused by this one.

I’m not sure if I missed something, but I don’t actually see an answer inside this thread, even though it’s been marked.

I’m having the same issue where the animation has root motion because I’ve tested it in an Anim Montage, and if I plug it directly into the Output Pose it works. It’s only not working inside my state machine which leads me to think that using Slots is what’s breaking it.

Here’s my Anim Graph:

So yeah, plugging the Locomotion directly into the Output Pose makes it work. So apparently you can’t use Root Motion along with Slots for Montages?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Figured it out. Don’t ask me why, but the Blend Weight needs to be set to a value less than 1.0. Setting it to 0.99 fixed the issue.