Rokoko anims to Mixamo skeleton not working

Hi, I have a skeletal mesh that I uploaded to Mixamo and imported the generated skeleton/rig as a T-Pose into UE5.0.3. I want to use mocap animations from Rokoko studio with my Mixamo skeleton, but when I import it into Unreal it becomes a garbled mess:

I’ve spent the last couple days trying to fix this, looking at multiple videos and even a guide from just a week ago but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated!

Thats rokoko for you.
If you have a suit or bought their product, talk to them for support.

If you don’t, well, the issue is incorrect retargeting. How you get it to work for your mesh(es) is up to you…

Theres a ton of tutorials out there, granted they are old and didn’t age too well with the engine changes, but they all still essentially work once you understand the logic behind the retargeting process.

Unless you need to go from rokoko to unreal direct, just dont. Filter it through blender and export your final animations.

When you do need to go via unreal first - say becauae maybe you arent ok with spending $400 a year plus for the face bs which doesnt even work right in rokoko studio - then you need to amke sure everything is retargeted correctly.

Once you record with the take recorder, you export the animation, clean it up. And re-import it.
To that point, I actually have a separate recording project for this. Most of the takes are trash unless cleaned up, so you want to avoid the file load on the final project as much as possible…

Also you proably still need to build the studio live plugin from source to get it to work on the latest UE5. Maybe they released the fixes that wont require compilation finally, but its probably better to just build your own anyway…

I feel dumb, I didn’t even think to try going through blender. What would be the best way to do that in your opinion?

The rokoko plugin for belbder is actually a decent tool.
There are other options, but id stick to that…

Alright, I started using it and it seems to be going well, there are some problems but I think it’ll work, thanks!

alright after spending a couple hours I got the blender plugin to work correctly (had to install old versions of blender and the addon) but now when I import it into unreal the animation is either stuck in a t-pose or all the meshes are grouped together at the origin. I don’t know what to do from here but I’ll keep looking

I just set up my own retargeter which is far easier than any method I found. Thanks!

1 Like