Rockstar Games' BULLY environment recreation

Man, the scene and these breakdowns are incredibly well done! :slight_smile: Really love it! I would have one correction though^^ When you describe that your workflow for the shield an dustlayer is not 100% PBR, I have to disagee. Its actually quite PBR to do it like that! To push it, you could also add a super fine grain to it. But in general, you would use something like a grain mask for metal to say dust is 100% black (nonmetal) but since the rez of your texture must be super high to support this, doing what you did is absolutely right, since the grain should be almost too small for the human eye to see it over like 1m distance, so it just blends :wink:

But anyways, very good work!

Cheers

that, is, awesome!

Ah I see, yeah that’s a good point. I kind of figured that grey would be what it would look like if you had a super high res texture (black specs for each dust particle) but then scaled it down. It’s nice to know that I made the right call haha - thanks!

Thanks, @Luos as well!

This is outstanding! Loved playing “Bully” so much!

Hey @, so sorry I never saw this reply! I don’t think it notified me. Thanks so much though! I remember seeing your project and thinking it was awesome!