Rocket Launch

Hello,

I am trying to make an animation of launching a rocket and curious about how to create the fire cloud seen after launching starts. Simple fire does not give me the thing that I want. I attached an example image that explains the situation. I appreciate if you can help me.

0551d50915ecb149f236637791a4d2db23fb3e80.jpeg

Take a look at the particle effects tutorial series. Into to Cascade: Particle Terminology | 01 | v4.2 Tutorial Series | Unreal Engine - YouTube
Should be able to use those tutorials to figure out how to make a flaming rocket exhaust type thing.

Hi Bohrium,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I followed that tutorial series but could not really get what I want, actually this continuous looking flame. Is there any way to do it?

Sure. Look into some complicated particles with different components.
You have to look exactly how to setup lifetime of particlecomponents, they have to be different in your case.
Make a moving object in your world, bind the particle onto it, to test result.
Ok the center of the thrust has to die quick, the longer flametrail has to live longer(longer lifetime = longer trail). the center of flame has to die quick, because you want to suggest a heatsource fixed at the rocket.
Setup two different components for testing, use firexample.
Or here, not to bad as starting point. Content Examples Sample Project for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation
For the starting sequence, i would make another/second particlesystem, like an explosion.
Startsequence trail starts, explo scaled down to zero.
While small amount of time, scale up explo, while spacething lifts up, scale down again.
Or calculate distance and use that to scale.