Rmeap NPC does not work for "DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X"

I’ve made childs for PrimalGameData_BP, TestGameMode and every DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X (where X is a dino name)

After making changes to the DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X_Child files, I used the Remap NPC section in PrimalGameData_BP_Child to remap the original DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X to DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X_Child.

After that, I went into world settings and set the Primal Game Data Override to PrimalGameData_BP_Child and GameMode Override to TestGameMode_Child.

When pressing play, none of the changes I did to the the DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X_Child appear to be working and the game is still running default.

What did I miss?

Please help :(Please

Please help :frowning:

UPDATE:
Okay, so this is what I did:

Copied the X_Character_BP files and named them X_Character_BP2
Copied the DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X files and named them DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X_2
Went into every X_Character_BP2 files and changed their components to the corresponding DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X_2 files.
Went into PrimalGameData_BP_Child and remapped From: X_Character_BP and To: X_Character_BP2 for each dino.

Currently, I have the Status BPs, the Character BPs, the PrimalGameData BP and the TestGameMode in the mod folder. The last two are used as overrides in world settings.

When I press play, I can spawn the modified dinos by using “cheat spawndino <path to dino> <params>” but “cheat summon X_character_bp_c” summons the original. I suspect the remapping failed.

Edit: Using “cheat summon X_character_bp2_c” works.

Any ideas? Shouldn’t remapping cause anything that have to do with X_character_bp_c be redirected to x_character_bp2_c? Really wanna make this mod for my server

Because you do not remap status, you remap Character_BPs. StatusComponents are, well, components to the dino characters.

Does that basically mean that I have to replace the component for each dino? What a chore…

I.e.
Copy X_Character_BP_Copy and replace the status component with the DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X_Child for each dino. Then remap the X_Character_BP…

Okay, so this is what I did:

Copied the X_Character_BP files and named them X_Character_BP2
Copied the DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X files and named them DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X_2
Went into every X_Character_BP2 files and changed their components to the corresponding DinoCharacterStatus_BP_X_2 files.
Went into PrimalGameData_BP_Child and remapped From: X_Character_BP and To: X_Character_BP2 for each dino.

Currently, I have the Status BPs, the Character BPs, the PrimalGameData BP and the TestGameMode in the mod folder. The last two are used as overrides in world settings.

When I press play, I can spawn the modified dinos by using “cheat spawndino <path to dino> <params>” but “cheat summon X_character_bp_c” summons the original. I suspect the remapping failed.

Edit: Using “cheat summon X_character_bp2_c” works.

Any ideas? Shouldn’t remapping cause anything that have to do with X_character_bp_c be redirected to x_character_bp2_c? Really wanna make this mod for my server

Are you sure you need to remap the status components as well as the _BP? If you’ve added your custom component to the bp, I’m not sure that you need to remap the component as well. I could be mistaken on this though. By remapping the _BP it should include your modified status component (if added as a component to the _BP).

Again, not 100% sure, just trying to help out :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure admin commands bypass remaps regardless of what you do. Had this problem myself, but I have found it is easier to completely over-write core files than remap them.

The problem with remapping also affects load priority with mods. Unless you load your mod first or at least before the other mods that need it, other mods are unable to see your remappings.

You do have to override status components on the dino itself. If you go to the “components” tab on the dino you can see the status component and add yours in there. Check out the MegaRex to see how the devs override status components. Fairly simple, but not intuitive.

Solrik, any luck??

Holy nine-month-old thread necro…

Moving on.

You provide no information here so I’m going to assume some things.

Child a creature - or copy it entirely up to you, add a new - modified - status component and set it’s priority to 2(just do a search after clicking on the component), then use the Remap NPC(again, just do a search for it) array in your mods PrimalGameData to replace the creature you want to with yours.

-WM