Rinterp on hit component

Hey guys, trying to figure this out for a while now. I’m trying to rotate an object on the X axis that the line trace hits with 90 degrees. I could do this part without any issue, the problem I’m having now is to display the rotation not just jump to the end. For some reason even when the delta time is connected to the event tick it’s not displaying the full rotation. Would this be something that I should do with a timeline rather?

I couldn’t select unreal 5 in the version, but that is what I’m using now, but in my understanding this part could be solved the same way as in 4.27.

Thanks everyone, I’ll post the blueprint part below.

Thank you for helping! So with the interp speed, if I set it between 1-5 it doesn’t go all the way 90degree, just a portion of that. In the actor tick settings everything was set how you suggested. with these options its still just jumps to a certain degree that’s not 90. Am I missing some project settings? Or the objects need to have some separate setting that will rotate? I know they have to be movable, and that is set, but besides that I wonder…

You are using the node correctly, however you have forgotten to adjust Interp Speed, it is set to 100, this means 100 degrees every tick. Set this value in the range 1-5 for smooth results.

348014-interpspeed.png

Verify also that your Actor is ticking pre-physics (should be obvious if your object is moving…), but you should set an interval. This will make sure your object’s animations and rotation are updated before physics calls so that the physics engine can react properly.

348017-tickenabled.png