Rigging/Animation Needed for Magical Girl-Themed Cover-Based TPS

I’m looking for a talented animator to rig a custom model to the UE4 Mannequin (for use with animations purchased on the Epic Store) as well as to create some custom animations for a dynamic, semi-stylized cover-based third person shooter. It is currently in the design phase, though a lot of functionality has finished prototyping. A base 3D character model is near completion, which is what you would be working off of. Details below:

Project Summary
This project is a fast-paced, online multiplayer (PvP), cover-based shooter similar in terms of base game mechanics to something like Gears of War. Unlike Gears of War, the theme of the game is “magical girls”. The player will be able to customize their girl in various cute outfits before jumping online to blast the limbs off of other magical girls with both firearms as well as magical abilities. One of the key elements that is intended to make the game standout is “style”. It should be fun to look at, fun to listen to, and have the sort of “mystique” about it that is typical of Japanese “mahou shoujo” works, and this will be realized through art, animation, music and sound.

Those familiar with the “magical girl” genre will also be aware that “yuri” plays a big part in the fandom, and that will translate into the game as well. For example, game mechanics include the ability to kiss downed players in order to recharge mana.

Technical Requirements

1. Rigging a 3D model to the UE4 Mannequin skeleton. This is by far the most important part of the job. I need to be able to use animations off of the Epic Store without having to put hours into fixing bad retargeting. For reference, the model you would be rigging looks very similar to models from the JRPG series “Blue Reflection”. Example: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/wp-cont…02-555x416.jpg

2. Semi-stylized, dynamic animations, including moving while crouched in cover, sprinting, vaulting over cover, using various magical abilities (in other words, stylish, anime-style posing and arm movements), kissing, etc. By “semi-stylized”, I mean that the animations should match the anime-style, magical girl theme. “Hyper-feminine” would be a good keyword for what I have in mind. A bit of “springiness” to the animations, that sort of thing.

3. Careful attention to deformation, especially around the stomach/thighs/buttocks. This game is intended to appeal primarily to fans of Japanese-style games, so the customization aspect and the “look” and “style” of the character model is extremely important. Having the character’s body look good even while moving around, taking cover, etc. is a key feature. The player will be able to move in quite close to the character model during gameplay, and there are some outfits that don’t leave much to the imagination, so there won’t be much leeway in terms of “hiding” strange deformations.

Budget
My budget for this aspect of the work (rigging and animation) is around $2000 total.

Please also understand that I’m currently a college-student paying for tuition and working on this entirely by myself, so I can’t afford to pay everything upfront. If I pay for a rigging job, for example, and it doesn’t end up working with the Epic Store animations as it should, that sets me back quite a bit. If you contact me for the job, please provide examples of prior work and be confident in your ability to do the job correctly so we can avoid any unnecessary resentment!

I’m quite an easy-going person, but I must be very clear on this point: I will not pay for work that I cannot use in my game. I simply can’t afford to.

Final Thoughts
It’s not a requirement, but it would be great to work with someone who shares an interest in Japanese media, is familiar with the magical girl genre and its tropes, and understands the appeal of anime girls to the fandom. I would hope that this project is something you’d have a legitimate interest in and can add your own personal touch as an artist to!

Contact: PM me on the forums if interested or if you have further questions. I will reply if interested, and probably give you an email address for further discussion.

Thank you for your time!

Have sent a PM.