So, I took a prerigged assset for unreal through digital tutors and got the car to work just fine. I decided then to rig my own model following this tutorial:Setup and Export a vehicle from 3dsMax to UDK - part 1 of 5 - YouTube only leaving out the bones for the suspension. From there I follow the steps that Digital Tutors and the official unreal Car setup guide did via this link:Vehicles: Overview & Car Setup | 01 | v4.2 Tutorial Series | Unreal Engine - YouTube (virtually the same tutorial) and I just can’t replicate the same results.
Here is the basic bone system I created in 3ds Max
Here is the incredibly basic physics asset:
The controls for said vehicle:
The cam with aim:
And an in game shot:
As you can see, not only does the camera not position itself behind the car as it is shown in the cam with spring arm shot, when I press W(my forward input) to throttle up and accelerate, I do so along the side of the car, not the front of the car. It’s like the axis has shifted. I’m not sure if this has to do with the bone setup I have but I’m really confused as to what to do going forward.
If anyone could help I would be most appreciative. Thank you.