Rich text style "inheritance"

We should be able to define styles in a rich text stylesheet in a way that lets us specify only certain properties to override from the default. For instance, if I create a Default style that uses Roboto at size 24 with a particular shadow offset, etc., I would like to be able to create, say, a “Bold” style that “inherits” everything from Default and only overrides the Typeface to specify Bold. As it is now, as far as I can tell, if I want to do that, I have to duplicate my Default style and make my changes whenever I want another style that accomplishes this outcome. The obvious drawback to this is that if I change my mind about the style details that I want to use by default, I have to go through all my styles and manually make those changes one at a time.

Additionally, it would be nice to have nested tags, so that I could have <bold>some bold text here with <italic>further emphasis</> thrown into the middle</>, and not have to worry about creating all the possible style overlaps that I might need.