Rich Text Help

Hi,

I have been reading the unreal documentation on rich text to help me achieve something I am going for in a game but have been unable to resolve the issue so wondered if anyone had any advice or experience with this sort of thing?

What I am trying to achieve is a card game where every card has a description, the description is fed in from a datable as other other details. So I would want my card to say something like:

This card does 6 damage.

I want the 6 to be variable so I don’t have to type it manually, this is because if the player has “2 strength” the base damage of 6 would become 8 or 12 or something else. So I would like to change the style of the text make it bold and have the number as a variable that could be calculated and displayed as the player plays cards. So if they play a card that says triple the damage of your next card, I would want that 6 to become 18 dynamically. (to save the player working it out or having any confusion of the damage a card would do)

Does anyone know how to do this, or can point me to some learning that will help?

Thanks

This was two years ago, but I was having the same problem and solved it, so here’s my answer for anyone else who comes across this:

First, follow the steps in the rich text blocks documentation to create your data styles.

Then, the solution is to use the append block to add the style markers around your text like this:

This applies the text styles like this: